Hartford Auto Insurance - The Hartford at work are crooks

Nov 06, 2011
review #273259

The Hartford is my short and long term disability insurer, that gleefully collect their premiums each month, year after year from me. But what happens when you suffer a disability and file a claim with them?

Well, I have a herniated disc in my back and I am unable to lift, stand, stoop and hardly can walk. When I filed a claim, The Hartford approved my disability for TWO weeks.....and broke that up into three intermittent payments I might add.....then said I no longer meet the criteria of being temporarily disabled.

It is impossible to reach a living person through their "800" number, and no direct numbers are to be found. The few times I was lucky enough to speak to someone there I got contradicting stories and promises of calls that were never returned.

Beware of The Hartford Insurance group...they are liars and crooks!

c1919a5
Had an experience with Hartford Auto Insurance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Kara

Jul 05, 2013 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

There is aperwork that u have to fax them for proof and u have to have certain docuents showing from so many years back that it is not a previous injury.. I have and used hartford for a yr and 2 months! No problems.. They actully had me on short term after 6 months I went long term amd im fully disabled due to epilepsy.. So needless say I love the hartford! They have shown me no sign of being crooks did u do al :) l ur pperwork like they asked? Its the only reason I was denied at the start!

MARINER

Apr 04, 2013

BEEN SINCE JANUARY....ITS APRI NOW!.... THEY SAID I DIDENT QUALIFIY BC OF WORKMANS COMP AND DENIED ME!!...I AM A MARINER AND DONT QUALIFY FOR WORKMANS COMP...LAWYERS NOW INVOLVED NOW, ITS BEING REVEIWED ..IF I AM NOT OUT ON THE STREETS SOON BC OF HARTFORDS EXCLUSIONS THAT DO NOT APPLY TO ME I WILL BE SURPRISED. DR HAS ME TEMPERARY TOTSALLY DISABLED I AM RECEIVING MAINTNANCE AND CURE ( JONES ACT) STILL NOBODY KNOWS A THING...A PREVIOUS EMPLOYEE WITH SAME COMPANY FILED AND RECEIVED STD IN ONE WEEK!!! HE ALSO IS A MARINER AND WAS COVERED BY JONES ACT... THESE PEOPLE ARE MAKING ME LOOSE EVERYTHING I GOT!!! i PRAY THEY COME THROUGH FAST BEFORE I LOOSE MY FAMILY!!!

brenda miller

Mar 18, 2012

I hear ya. same thing for me. I sprained my ankle and have been out of work since feb 1. Its now march 18th. and my status for claim has been denied. Crooks.....I to get a different story every time i call there. NOT WORTH THE MONEY I PAID.

The Hartford

Nov 07, 2011 Boksburg, Gauteng

We would like to know more about your concerns. To protect the privacy of individuals, we do not respond to service questions on Facebook. Could you please contact our Consumer Affairs team at 1-800-451-6944?

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.